Careers at PAA
At PAA, we believe that by continuously transferring new ideas, design and technology into our range of products we deliver the complete laboratory automation solution. Our reputation for innovation and engineering excellence underpins our continued growth.
Working within our multi-disciplinary team, you will be involved in the development and production of our hardware and software products. We also have positions available for highly motivated sales and service personnel.
We offer careers based at our European headquarters in Farnborough, UK and at our US headquarters in Colorado. Our team grew by over 30% in 2018 and we are always looking for talented individuals.
If you would like to apply for any of the vacancies listed below, please send your CV in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We currently have 1 vacancy for this role; based on the East Coast of the USA.
We are looking for a senior applications specialist who has experience in the development of robotic workcells, preferably in the life science or consumer products industry. The main purpose of the job is to provide support for PAA’s activities in both the USA and UK. This will include project management, workflow programming (using our proprietary Overlord™ software), robot teaching, instrument integration and customer support. Working alone, but as a member of the integration team, you will be an enthusiastic focused problem-solver who is self-motivated and with an eye for detail.
- Project management. Be entirely responsible for delivering customer solutions based on instrument integrations
- Overlord Implementation. Work with customers to understand requirements, document the required configurations and workflow. Implement these requirements in existing or new robotic workcells
- Robot Programming. Have a broad knowledge of the functionality of industrial articulated and SCARA robotic arms
- Sales and Business support. Participate in sales visits to support the sales team at customer locations
- Service and Support. Handle phone calls from customers and provide first level technical support to the customer
- This position reports into the Integration Manager based in Farnborough, UK
Key Job Skills
- A background in software, research informatics or other relevant area
- Relevant experience in life science/bio-pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to work well alone in unsupervised customer locations and as a member of a small team
You will be degree-level educated in a numerate discipline, ideally with a background in Biochemistry/Chemistry
For further information and a full job description please contact us.
Working at PAA
We offer a stimulating and challenging working environment, where development timescales are short and the specifications demanding. These are excellent opportunities to join a company that’s exciting and continues to grow!
For all our job roles we require:
- Good presentation skills and effective communication
- Ability to work as part of a small team to aggressive timescales and with meticulous attention to detail
- Self-motivation and accustomed to getting on with tasks, with a thirst for new technologies and using the best tools for the job
- You will be bright, conscientious and creative with an ability to demonstrate a hobby or interest with a practical or technical relevance
If you would like to apply for any of the above vacancies, please contact PAA