Careers at PAA
At PAA, we believe that by continuously transferring new ideas, design and technology into our range of products we deliver the complete laboratory automation solution. Our reputation for innovation and engineering excellence underpins our continued growth.
Working within our multi-disciplinary team, you will be involved in the development and production of our hardware and software products. We also have positions available for highly motivated sales and service personnel.
We offer careers based at our European headquarters in Farnborough, UK and at our US headquarters in Colorado. Our team grew by over 30% in 2018 and we are always looking for talented individuals.
If you would like to apply for any of the vacancies listed below, please send your CV in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We currently have 1 vacancy for this role; based on the East Coast of the USA.
We are looking for a senior applications specialist who has experience in the development of robotic workcells, preferably in the life science or consumer products industry. The main purpose of the job is to provide support for PAA’s activities in both the USA and UK. This will include project management, workflow programming (using our proprietary Overlord™ software), robot teaching, instrument integration and customer support. Working alone, but as a member of the integration team, you will be an enthusiastic focused problem-solver who is self-motivated and with an eye for detail.
- Project management. Be entirely responsible for delivering customer solutions based on instrument integrations
- Overlord Implementation. Work with customers to understand requirements, document the required configurations and workflow. Implement these requirements in existing or new robotic workcells
- Robot Programming. Have a broad knowledge of the functionality of industrial articulated and SCARA robotic arms
- Sales and Business support. Participate in sales visits to support the sales team at customer locations
- Service and Support. Handle phone calls from customers and provide first level technical support to the customer
- This position reports into the Integration Manager based in Farnborough, UK
Key Job Skills
- A background in software, research informatics or other relevant area
- Relevant experience in life science/bio-pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to work well alone in unsupervised customer locations and as a member of a small team
You will be degree-level educated in a numerate discipline, ideally with a background in Biochemistry/Chemistry
For further information and a full job description please contact us.
PAA is seeking a talented and motivated Compliance and Safety Risk Manager with an emphasis on Robotic Safety and Safety Systems. This position is responsible for new and existing product support related to regulatory compliance. The ideal candidate will be a highly organised team player with excellent communication skills. The candidate will have a strong understanding of the regulatory compliance schemes and the process required to specify, test, qualify, document and maintain certifications related to Machine Safety and Functional Safety compliance for domestic and international markets.
- Interpret and apply regulations, standards and PAA requirements to new technologies/products
- Work with external testing houses to ensure certifications are achieved and maintained
- Conduct external Risk Assessment, Design Reviews, Factory/Site Acceptance testing and launch support
- Manage the certification of the PAA product range
- Prepare technical files for CE certification
- Be knowledgeable of forthcoming changes to rules and regulations for certifications
- Provide Safety & Compliance input during the product scoping to identify any concerns for operators interacting with the equipment
- Evaluate and review schematics and drawings and provide Safety & Compliance input during product development/early design
- Leverage support processes, systems and tools to resolve safety related technical problems
- Track issues through resolution phase, engaging technical subject matter experts as needed
- Create and maintain problem resolution procedures and identify need for new tools to support existing solutions
- Work with the engineering team to understand safety issues and solution options
- Compile data to facilitate analysis by the management team
Key Job Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, safety or a related science-based field
- 5+ years’ experience applying safety principles and addressing safety issues in a manufacturing, warehouse or other operations focused environment
- Experience working on bespoke robotics/machines
- Technical problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- 5+ years of safety experience, preferably certified, in relation to robotics
- Experience supporting safety programmes by means of identifying equipment needs, documentation needs, support equipment needs, staging and support of equipment to be tested, debug capabilities, etc.
- Experience of interacting with customers, regulatory agencies, test labs, etc.
- Ability to multitask
- Advanced Degree (Science or Engineering)
- Experience working in an industrial/warehouse environment
- Robotic and automation safety ownership
- Escalations requiring rapid response
- Understanding of product safety concepts and techniques
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
- Experience working with others to implement new systems
Part-time 25 hours/week
This is a wide-ranging role that requires a working knowledge of both sales ledger and credit control procedures. You will be responsible for but not limited to the maintenance of the sales ledger from the initial sales order and invoicing to the collection of the debt and reconciliation of Account Receivable control account. The role demands a dedicated and motivated individual who is focused on ensuring that all transactions are posted accurately and in a timely manner and that full recovery of debt is achieved. In addition, it requires a confident individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills to deal with billing enquiries in an efficient and sensitive manner. Working within a small team you will also be expected to carry out tasks relating to other functions within the department to ensure continuity of service.
- Carry out daily sales ledger tasks including sales orders/invoicing/bank receipts.
- Carry out credit control with suitable methods weekly.
- Generate/reconcile customer statements on a regular basis and resolve queries/issues in relation to these.
- Reconcile sales sub-ledgers to the general ledger weekly and at month end
- Reconcile Intercompany balance at month end
- Ensure all daily sales transactions are booked, reviewed and processed in a timely and accurate manner
- Carry out other account reconciliation as necessary/required as Month End routine.
- Carry out EC Sales List and Intrastat and other equivalent return on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and input journals as necessary/required.
- Maintain Customer’s financial records
- Assist Finance Manager with monthly VAT reconciliation as Month End routine.
- Assist Finance Manager with project tracking/income recognition.
- Assist Finance Manager with management information analysis as necessary/required.
- Assist Finance Manager with other Month End, Year End and ad hoc activities.
- Be the first point of contact for the Finance team in respect of sales ledger/credit control queries and log or respond to enquiries and requests from colleagues and other stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Work closely with colleagues across PAA to provide support on projects and any other team requesting income invoices as required.
- Undertake other duties and holiday cover that may from time to time be necessary and are compatible with the nature of business and grade of the post.
Key Job Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Attention to details
- Good Literacy and numeracy skills
- A flexible, adaptable, supportive team player with the ability to work proactively
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work accurately in a busy, demanding environment, whist adhering to deadlines
- Previous experience of sales ledger, banking and credit control or similar role
- Knowledge and experience in the use of SAGE or other accounting packages, Microsoft Office packages and data base entry.
- A.A.T. qualification, or part, or equivalent preferred.
PAA are a fast-growing and dynamic company supplying laboratory robotic and automation equipment and software to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and academic Market sectors.
We are looking for a Software Developer to join our team in producing high-quality software to a required specification within timelines following the company Software Process.
- You will work withing the Software Development Team reporting to the Software Mgr.
- Software Development to include instrument drivers e.g. RS232, REST API and .NET Assemblies
- You will be required to work on tasks as an individual and as part of a wider team including the
- Development and Project Teams (also known as the ‘Multi discipline team).
- You will work on all aspects of the product lifecycle including design, development, testing.
- You will work directly with customers.
- Customer support – helpdesk ticket system and remote sessions
Key Job Skills & Competencies
- Relevant experience in Computing, Engineering or Science
- High level software development skills in .NET (C#, VB.Net) WPF Winforms
- Experience of document authoring
- Desirable skills for desktop applications:
o Visual Studio
o Azure Devops for source control (previously Visual Studio Online/Visual Studio Team Services)
- At least 1 years working experience
- Excellent communication
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage workload
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work both as part of a team and on your own
- Time Management to meet deadlines
PAA are a fast-growing dynamic company supplying laboratory robotic and automation equipment and software to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and academic market sectors.
We are looking for an HTML5 developer to join our team, who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include the translation of the user requirement specification to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the software team and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works on PC, Tablet and Smartphone.
- Software development of new user interfaces for PAA software in HTML5 under the supervision of the Software Manager.
- User interface development (running on PC/tablet/smartphone) to interface with a Windows control PC running existing PAA .NET components & applications.
- To gain an understanding of existing PAA software.
- You must become thoroughly familiar and adhere to PAA Programming Standards.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Understand the effect of the user interface on the PC back-end functions
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end functions
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability between PC, tablet and smartphone.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Key Job Skills & Competencies
- A relevant qualification/degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Sciences (or equivalent experience) plus several years’ experience in designing and implementing user frontends in HTML5.
- Can demonstrate experience of:
o Angular (version 6 onwards)
o Adobe graphics packages
- Understanding of API calls
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms
- Strong knowledge of web standards
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Ability to adhere to best design practices
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- A high standard of work is required with attention to detail.
- Written hardware control components in .NET running on a Windows PC would be desirable
- Be aware of Industry instrument control software specifically developed for use in the pharmaceutical & Biotechnology industry.
Working at PAA
We offer a stimulating and challenging working environment, where development timescales are short and the specifications demanding. These are excellent opportunities to join a company that’s exciting and continues to grow!
For all our job roles we require:
- Good presentation skills and effective communication
- Ability to work as part of a small team to aggressive timescales and with meticulous attention to detail
- Self-motivation and accustomed to getting on with tasks, with a thirst for new technologies and using the best tools for the job
- You will be bright, conscientious and creative with an ability to demonstrate a hobby or interest with a practical or technical relevance
If you would like to apply for any of the above vacancies, please contact PAA